"We are a diverse learning and teaching community committed to improving individual life and society through high-quality, accessible educational programs and engaged learning opportunities."
- To foster an environment where diverse individuals, groups, and views are valued.
- To provide programs and services for lifelong learning that create and enhance opportunities for achieving career and personal goals in a changing society.
- To serve with integrity and accountability as a model of institutional excellence.
- To offer affordable programs and services enhanced by technology in an accessible and safe learning and working environment.
- To be a center for intellectual, economic, cultural, and recreational resources for individuals and communities.
John A. Logan College believes in the inherent worth and dignity of the individual. Derived from that belief is the concept that education is important to the cultural, intellectual, and social enlightenment of the individual; that high-quality educational opportunities are the right of the citizens to whom the College belongs; and that education is vital to the area’s economic growth. Because our citizens have worth, dignity, and potential regardless of their age, economic status, or social station, the College assumes the obligation to serve its citizens through an open-admission concept with lifelong learning opportunities.
Within the limits of the College’s ability to attain and maintain a solid financial base, it is ready and eager to provide low-cost traditional and non-traditional education opportunities whenever, wherever, and however they are needed by the citizens to improve the quality of their lives.
- We are committed to the cultivation of positive relationships and common experiences among students, faculty, staff and the communities we serve.
- We accept responsibility for our own actions and accountability for the use, preservation, and enhancement of human and material resources.
- While recognizing and valuing the dignity and uniqueness of every person, we are committed to creating a community where everyone is appreciated and considered for their contributions and performance.
- We respond to the feelings of each person with kindness, concern, and empathy for their needs.
- We are committed to creating trust and confidence in our college community. We act with honesty and forthrightness, and hold ourselves to high academic and ethical standards.
Learning for Life - John A. Logan College strives to be a learning-centered institution that prepares students for effective global citizenship and responds to regional needs.
Student Learning Outcomes
The faculty and staff of John A. Logan College are committed to providing students with opportunities to develop learning abilities that will last a lifetime. Graduates will be prepared to succeed in their personal and professional lives because of achieved competence in the following student learning outcomes:
- Communication: Students express thoughts, ideas, and feelings in both written and oral modes.
- Critical Thinking: Students apply a rational and methodical approach to problem solving based on use of appropriate evidence.
- Cultural and Global Awareness: Students demonstrate an understanding of the influence of culture and society.
- Information Literacy: Students locate, evaluate, retrieve, organize, create, and disseminate information.
- Quantitative Reasoning: Students use and understand numbers to interpret, evaluate, and express information in quantitative terms.
|Board of Trustees|
|William J. Kilquist, Chair|
|Mandy Little, Vice Chair|
|Jacob "Jake" Rendleman, Secretary|
|Aaron R. Smith|
|Hanna Dobrynski, Student Trustee|
|Officers of the College|
|Dr. Ron House, President|
|Mr. Brad McCormick, Vice-President for Business Services and College Facilities|
|Melanie Pecord, Acting Vice President for Instructional Services|