Drug Free Schools and Communities Act
The Drug‐Free Schools and Communities At of 1989, Public law 101‐226, requires an institution of higher education to meet the minimum requirements listed below.
- Standards of conduct that clearly prohibit the unlawful possession, use, or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol on school property or as part of any school activities.
- A description of the applicable legal sanctions under local, State, or Federal law for the unlawful possession or distribution of illicit drugs and alcohol.
- A description of the health risks associated with the use of illicit drugs and the abuse of alcohol
- A description of any drug or alcohol counseling, treatment, or rehabilitation or reentry programs that are available to employees or students.
- A clear statement that the institution will impose sanctions on students and employees (consistent with local, State and Federal law), and a description of those sanctions, up to and including expulsion or termination of employment and referral for prosecution, for violations of the standards of conduct.
College Policies and Information
- Board Policy Manual - Board Policy 3362 - Drug and Other Substance Abuse, Including Alcohol
- Student Rights and Responsibilites Manual
- Drug, Alcohol, Violence Prevention and Sexual Assalt Awareness