Early Childhood Education Program
Graduates of this two-year Early Childhood Education Program will be trained to provide education and care for children in public child care settings to include the following: maintaining a safe and healthy learning environment; providing experiences to promote physical, intellectual, social/emotional, and language/literacy development; using positive guidance/discipline strategies; establishing positive and productive relationships with families; and operating a well-run program for children that adheres to legal requirements and a professional code of ethics.
Students also receive hands-on training thru laboratory experience in our on-campus Preschool which is accredited by the National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs. The Preschool is open to the public and offers full-time and part-time programs to toddlers, three year-olds, and four year-olds. Tuition assistance is available to qualifying families through the Child Care Resource and Referral Center. Our Preschool also offers Headstart Services and Pre-K For All. Students are also trained to provide important support services in elementary and secondary public schools as teacher assistants, school office assistants, school library assistants, and playground assistants.
- Dr. Marilyn Toliver
- Email: email@example.com
- Early Childhood Education book marker/brochure (PDF)
- JALC Child Care Resource Referral website
- National Accreditation Commission for Early Care and Education Programs
- ExceleRate Illinois: Preparing Children For Success
- To learn more about Gateways Credentials, Scholarship Program, and Great START go to the Gateways to Opportunity website: https://www.ilgateways.com/